by Brandon Miles
I met her on a blind date,
But she wasn't there with me,
My buddy Tuff bought her dinner,
And I admired her for free.
I first called her around Christmas,
Just to hear her "little voice,"
I got her number from my ex,
It was rude but I had no choice.
She was so small and cute,
With her arm in a brace,
Definitely the perfect girl,
A little leather, a little lace.
But before we could fly,
We hit our first door,
The army made their calls,
And I was off to war.
Five months in Washington,
And she never gave up on us,
So I came home to surprise her,
And she surprised me with a cuss.
I spent some time in South America,
And more time out of state,
She had her reasons to leave,
But she never took the bait.
She's always been beside me,
We travel as a pair,
She won't touch my belly button,
I won't touch her hair.
She won't let me be a slacker,
Or ever come in last,
She's made me a better man,
And keeps me running fast.
From the first day I met her,
I knew she was the one,
Life's never been more fulfilling,
Life's never been more fun.
So all those other guys,
Who are looking for the perfect mate,
I just married her today,
So everyone is way to late.
But with the world as it is,
A few men have been sent
To rid the cast of evils,
Which her husband Billy lent.
We faced our worst fears,
We faced the facts of life,
But nothing changes the hurt,
Of a year and a half from your wife.
I called her near every day,
Two weeks R&R in the middle,
Billy stayed so strong,
Though her body is so little.
Through miles of endless convoys,
With the occasional little scare,
Her prayers for me were answered,
Except when I shot myself with a flare.
TO BE CONTINUED...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

2 comments:
This is so cute! Props to Brandon!
oh my heck! that is sooo cute! talented wife AND talented husband! you two make such an awesome pair!
Post a Comment